Met up with Serap in Harvard Sq earlier today. Her friend, Nahine(?) and her took me with them to run some errands and we somehow ended up having tea at Cafe Angora on Commonwealth Ave. I had originally feared that I wouldn't know what to say to her, but surprisingly we connected pretty well. Talked about a lot of things. Serap has been engaged since Valentine's Day this year and is getting married in August. Her fiancee is a musician and he teaches about Turkish music in colleges around Boston.
I had planned to go check out some stores on Mass Ave, but since I didn't get back from meeting Serap till 6, that didn't happen. Went to Mario's to see if I could get a haircut, but they were busy. I was so determined to get my hair cut, that I actually came home, took the bike and went to find hair salon on Main St. There were 4 or 5 of them, but they were all closed. And so my hair is still safely intact. Hopefully tomorrow I'll still be as determined as I was today, I tend to chicken out from getting haircuts.
Went to see Shrek 2 with Anand, Chris, Dewi and Diah. The movie was insanely hilarious. I went without any expectations, and was very much entertained. I haven't seen Anand for a very long time, it was nice to see him again. Chris is Diah's friend, visiting from Japan, where he currently works. I first met him last September in Dewi's car, and during the ride we just hit it off. He's such a pleasant guy, you can't help but like him.
Today's the day my family officially move to the new house. Tonight my parents are inviting the whole extended family and some friends for a small get together. Solat hajat naik rumah baru and to see my sister off to college. I wish I can be home right now.