I know they've completed the transfer of power in Iraq (or so they say), but that's not the only thing that happened today. I left early and wasn't there to witness it, but apparently Muz not only beat Usman in bowling, he also topped Usman's score. That's pretty sweet, considering Muz has been trying forever to accomplish it.
Went down to Budd Lake, NJ for Muz and Tabish's graduation party on Saturday. Being there at their house was most relaxing. Their whole family is really amazing, they make us feel at ease without much effort.
Came back up to Boston on Sunday, taking Muz with us. Went to Usman's place to meet his parents and his brother's family. I have nothing but respect for his mother, to have put up with him all this while. Meeting his dad explains Usman as the person he is. His nephew, Hassan, is so adorable. And I have mad respect for his sister-in-law for bringing an 11-pound baby into the world and still looking amazing.
Went to Dok Bua afterwards for dinner, but I wasn't much of a company then. I get cranky when I'm tired and hungry.