I put on the subtitle while watching Alias (coz I'm freaking deaf and couldn't hear anything that was being said)and some of the lyrics (of the soundtrack, of course) made me think.
Well, I guess lately a lot of people have been saying things that make me think. Not that I don't usually think, but you know, thinking in the way that when you wake up the next day, or three days after that, the topic still stays in your mind. It's good, but at the same time, it disturbs my sleep. I toss around a lot at night when I have things on my mind. That's usually when I find blogging helps, only this time, a lot of the matters are things I find rather subjective and I'm not a particularly articulate person and often find it rather hard to explain my positions on these sort of things. And having someone who's determined to have their perspectives dominate over others' on the other end doesn't help either :)
It's crazy to think how short our lives really are. I've lived a fourth of my life (that is, if I'm fortunate enough). Two stages of my life has passed, and I'm about to enter the next stage in a few years. It's scary and exciting at the same time. I know everybody goes through it, but I wonder if there is another person out there who feels and thinks exactly the way I do when going through his/her life.
These past two weeks, the topics of marriage and companionship have come up more often than I would have liked them too. I think I'm always going to remain a romantic at heart, but only when it concerns other people. I'm pretty much disillusioned when it comes down to myself. Sure, around me are friends who'd like to meet someone they share a connection and can fall in love with. I don't hope for that, neither do I believe that's ever going to happen to me :) I can live with that, life is much easier when you take a practical approach to it. Don't dare say I'm taking the easier way out.
Finally, finally. We put up the A/C in D's room, and it's just been turned on. Oh, what heaven! From now on, this is going to be our hang out spot. Forget the living room, forget the TV, who needs that when you can lie on the bed and read a good book in cool bliss.
The longer you stay apart, the harder it is to find things to say to each other. You can never quite pick up where you left off.