xImaR
Thursday, September 09, 2004 @ Wo Ai Ni
So much has happened, not quite sure where to begin. Perhaps where I left off before.

Went to West Dennis Beach down in the Cape, and had tremendous fun. There are some pictures over on the side. In case it's not clear the way I categorize my pictures; album marked "Nabe's" is of places I visited and people I visited them with, or things I did and people I did them with. The one marked "Ximar Photos" has pictures of random things I took and thought interesting.

Olympics over, the men marathon was tainted, poor Lima from Brazil lost his chance at getting gold medal. Men taekwando was a real kicker, that little Korean guy jumped high up in the air and kicked the 6' 7" Greek right on the left temple. Perfect Karate-Kid kinda ending. Brazil's men beach volleyball and their superhero, Marcello. The Russian girls with their amazing performance at synchronized swimming. The closing ceremony, fireworks and red lanterns. Those were pretty cool.

August was the month of independent days. Alas, I remembered everyone else's but my own. 31st August was just a blur, I forgot.

Chicago trip. Chicago's such a beautiful city. Came back with tons of pictures and memories. Walked around a lot; Millennium Park, Magnificent Mile, Sears Tower, Devon Ave., Navy Pier, Chinatown. Had a grand time.

ISNA conference. Had very high expectations, was a little bit disappointed with the overall organization. The MSA conference was fine, it's the ISNA part that I had problem with. They had some really good speakers though, and it's good that they reminded me many things.

Huma and Muz. It was definitely nice seeing them again. I miss them.

Back in MU and am the house manager. Had our first meeting tonight. Trying to figure out how to break the ice between some of the people. It's weird being here without the regular people. It's weird being on campus as senior. It's weird being the "oldest in the family". It's weird not having someone to turn to and ask for advice. Well, that's not entirely true, I still have Diah, Mbak Pi and Usman. But it's still weird not having Huma and Muz around. And I miss Neel, Zaid and their friends being in the house. I miss the noise, I miss the "Nik, I'm coming up!" and the sound of someone running down the stairs. The house is too quite. I'm not lonely, but I feel alone. I'm not alone though, been hanging out a lot with R and R. Stacy called tonight to ask me to come in 'coz no one showed up for the closing shift. There was a new girl there and she introduce me as "This is Nik and she knows everything about the Media Center". That's weird. Jen used to be that person. I feel weird. These people left, and I'm filling in their shoes. But I don't want to be them, I want to be me. At the same time, I had learned from them, I don't know how to do certain things but the way the people before me had done them. I feel this is wrong. I don't know, I'm not making much sense, not even to myself. This is going to take some time getting used to.

I miss D and D. I really felt at home living with them these past 3 months. Can't believe summer is over. One more year to go and who knows what's going to happen between now and then. Hopefully something good.

oh hello stranger
events in my life and thoughts in my mind - this blog revolves around ME!

about this stranger
just another ordinary human being, who believes nothing is certain in life but death

talk it out
Favorite hangout

trip to somewhere
STF959 | Am Yanti | Awyn | Ayin Emran | Ayuni | Diana Sidek | Farhana Razak | Fieza | Fiza Radzi | Hailwa | Ieja | Ima | Laila | Marly | Maz | Najmah | Neynarre | Ninie | Pe'ah | Sana'a | Sareque | Wahie | Yatt Haryati | Zuera

previously
September 2002 | October 2002 | November 2002 | December 2002 | January 2003 | February 2003 | March 2003 | April 2003 | May 2003 | June 2003 | July 2003 | August 2003 | September 2003 | October 2003 | November 2003 | December 2003 | January 2004 | February 2004 | March 2004 | April 2004 | May 2004 | June 2004 | July 2004 | August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | October 2005 | December 2005 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | January 2008 | September 2008 | October 2008 | November 2008 | July 2009 | August 2009 | June 2010 | July 2010 | August 2010 | September 2010 | October 2010 | November 2010 |

credit
.fourth!Romance is the designer.
Inspiration from Exuvalia and mintypeach.