Again, today, I was reminded of how genuinely selfless and generous our parents are. For a mother to go through 9 months of physical and emotional trial, of knowing your child might not survive, and even if he/she does, might not be perfect like every other child, of knowing how her life is going to drastically change after the arrival of the child, is still something I cannot fanthom. For a father to give up everything to make sure his wife and child receive the very best attention, of sacrificing time with his other children to make sure that he can spend it with the one who needs him most, to run from work to the hospital to home within a few hours, is something not just anyone would do.
Bringing a child into the world is a tremendous responsibility. Bringing a special child into the world is a lifetime commitment and an incredible act of love. It's no easy feat. My brother has down-syndrome, and even I don't always have the patience in dealing with him. But when I look at my parents, I feel so humbled, and realize how selfish I am being. I always pray, that God will give me the time to care for my parents as they have cared for me, the time for me to repay them in kind, and love.
And now, I am also praying for this family that I know. May God give them enough faith, love and strength to see them through, and may they all be reunited soon, in the blessing of God. And for the little girl who has been blessed with such amazing parents, and who is a blessing to her parents herself, Welcome to the world. May it be kind to you, and let you be the person you're meant to be.