I have never truly appreciate what Thanksgiving is about before. This year I conclude that Thanksgiving is just like hari raya to the Americans.
Went to Haruna's place today for a farewell party for Mbak Pi. There were so much good food - salad with sesame dressing, stuffed mushrooms, baked potatoes, chicken wings, okonomiyaki with shrimps and squids, sticky rice with chicken, and upside-down cranberry cake with vanilla ice cream, and oh, lemon cake too. Yummy, as always. Hanging out there was fun. Everyone with their own antic.
Before we left Haruna's I felt all itchy, and sure enough the allergy episode followed soon after. It didn't last long, the hives were all out in less than 20 minutes. They were small too, about the size of my pinky's nail. But I hadn't had one for a while now, wasn't quite sure what brought it on.
Right now, I'm just keeping D and D company. I want to spend the night here, chill with Mbak Pi for what might be the last time in Boston.