For once, nobody acted like their typical self tonight, and I rather enjoyed it.
Attended Hillel's conservative Shabbat service, and went to watch Constantine. It's been quite an enlightening theological experience. Constantine sucks by the way.
So, yeay, watching the movie, the topic of angels came up. I recall being taught that there are 10 angels whose name we're supposed to know (and their duties). Of course I don't remember them, so I looked them up online, and they are:
Jibrail - penyampai wahyu
Mikail - pengatur rezeki
Israfil - blows the horn (or pipe, or whatever) at the end of time
Izrail - the angel of death
Atid - recorder of your bad deeds
Raqib - recorder of your good deeds
Munkar - questions you in the grave
Nakir - another one to question you in the grave
Ridhuan - guardian of heaven
Malik - guardian of hell
I also thought I remember being taught that there are more than one angel of each name. I mean, for example, Raqib records the good deeds of each person, so to my mind, there would be one Raqib for each person. Right? Anyone else remember something like this? I could totally be making this up. I've been known to make up memories of events that never happened, so this wouldn't been a first.
By the way, who came up with "names of angels you have to know"? I have to say, it's typical of Malaysian education system.