The fighting fish I bought for my sister's birthday died just before Eid. Since I found that watching the fish soothes me, and since I've been feeling down and listless lately, I thought of getting another fish.
And so I went to a pet store yesterday. The fighting fish they had looked more listless than I feel, so I passed them. The girl attending to me suggested some guppies, and since I thought they look colorful enough, I thought, why not?
And so I came home with two pairs of guppies and set them in their new home. However, while watching fighting fish helps me unwind, I found watching the guppies freaking exhausts me. They are a bundle of energies, darting to and fro, never settling for long. After 5 minutes, I was like, "Apalah ikan nih, kalut semacam. Kite yang tengok pon mengah."
Guppies, I hope you don't live too long. 'Coz after you're gone, and the vase is vacant again, I'm gonna get myself some less exhausting fish to watch.