History was made and I was there *big grin*
Last Saturday, Kelantan faced Negeri Sembilan in the Piala Malaysia showdown. I have never been to a football match before, and was really looking forward to this one. There were quite a few first-timers in our group. - Kak An, Kak Ha, Chik and myself. Izzat, Kak Nik and Irfan were also there.
We went early to retrieve our tickets, but the stadium was already quite packed. We did manage to get stair-seats that allowed us good view of the field however. Kelantan supporters turned out in droves, I think we outnumbered Negeri supporters 3:1.
Game started on time, Kelantan supporters were a rowdy bunch, Kelantan players played like sh*t, Negeri led 1-0 at halftime (penalty because keeper brought down a player), Kelantan rebounded 2-1 in the 57th and 65th minutes.
All in all, it was an evening filled with adrenaline, testosterone and cigarette smoke. Definitely worth an experience. But I think next time, until Kelantan folks relearn their manners, I'd rather sit with the opposing camp.
Kelantan won their first ever Piala Malaysia and I was there, hell yeah!